Corey F. Burak, M.D.
Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, Sleepy Hollow, NY
- Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement
- Computer and Image Guided Surgery
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Revision Total Joint Replacement
American Board of Orthopedic Surgery - 2008
- Dorr Arthritis Institute, Los Angeles, California – Fellowship in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty 2005 – 2006
- Tulane University Hospital and Medical Center, N.O.L.A. – Orthopedic Surgery Residency 2001 – 2005
- Tulane University Hospital and Medical Center, N.O.L.A. – Research Fellowship in adult reconstruction under Dr. Robert L. Barrack 2000 – 2001
- Saint Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center, New York, NY – Internship General Surgery 1999-2000
- 1999 SUNY HSC @ Syracuse College of Medicine, Syracuse, NY – Doctor of Medicine
- 1989-93 Clark University, Worcester, MA
- Instructor of Anterior Approach Total Hip Course – Baltimore, MD 2006; Miami, FL, 2009
- Instructor of Advanced Anterior Approach Total Hip Course – Chicago, IL, 2009
- Barrack RL, McClure JT, Burak C, Clohisy JC, Parvizi J, Sharkey P.: Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty: The Patient’s Perspective. Clinical Orthopedics & Related Research, July 2007.
- Barrack RL, McClure JT, Burak C, Clohisy JC, Parvizi J, Sharkey P.: Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty: The Patient’s Perspective. Clinical Orthopedics & Related Research, 453:173-7, December 2006
- Barrack RL, Burak C, and Skinner HB.: Concerns about Ceramics in THA. CORR., 429:73-9, 2004.
- Wilson S, Burak C, Walick K, Neitzschman HR.: Primary Tumor of Bone (radiology case of the month). J La State Med Soc., 153:451-53, September 2001.
- Rorabeck CH, Barrack RL, Tsigaris H, Burak C.: The Results of Revision TKA with Use of Modular CO-CR Components with Stems Inserted without Cement. AAOS meeting. Poster #120, Dallas 2002.
- Barrack RL, Burak C.: Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty. Book Chapter Orthopedic Knowledge Update 7, AAOS. Kenneth J. Koval, MD, editor.
- Barrack RL, and Burak C.: Patella in Total Knee Arthroplasty. CORR., 389:62-73, August 2001.
- Morganti C, Sweeney CA, Albanese SA, Burak C, Hosea T, Connolly PJ.: Return to play after cervical spine injury. Spine, Vol 26, Number 10: 1131-36, 2001
Awards & Honors
- Rockwood and Green Award 2002
- SUNY HSC @ Syracuse
- Clinical Honors: General surgery clerkship, Ophthalmology clerkship, Orthopedic surgery elective, Orthopedic Surgery A.I.
- USMLE Step I: 244 (98th percentile)
- USMLE Step II: 243 (97th percentile)
- ABOS Part 1 Passed (98th percentile)